The member has not specified any exchange dates
House in Harrogate. Beautiful Historic Spa Town in the Yorkshire Dales. Great Britain
Dear Intervac friends,
We are an Franco/British family, and we love travelling and experiencing other people's cultures.
We would like to invite you to stay in Harrogate, a beautiful spa town in Yorkshire, in the north of England.
Our home is situated only 5 minutes walk from the centre of the Harrogate. The house has all modern facilities with a new open plan dining kitchen, two french doors going into the garden, a living room, a dining room/snug and a wc. There is a piano in the snug room, a Nespresso machine available, and a new Xbox 1 in the lounge. Upstairs there are 3 bedrooms (2 double and a single) and a recently renovated family bathroom. The garden has a pleasant terrace in the sunny corner, a BBQ and a big trampoline used by children and grown up equally! We also offer exchange of the car, a Nissan Qashqai + (7 seats) and a small Honda Jazz. We have 2 adult bikes and 3 children's bikes (including a BMX) as well as 3 scooters and many skate boards and a long board.
- Harrogate is a mid-sized Victorian town with award winning pubs, restaurants and cultural activities for the evening, and excellent boutique style shopping for the daytime. The Tour de France recently finished its first leg in our beautiful town and we were very proud to be part of the celebrations. http://www.harrogate.co.uk/
- The famous Yorkshire Dales are on our doorstep, ideal for those who enjoy walking and the great outdoors. Families will find lots of activities in the town and surrounding area to entertain the children.
- Leeds Bradford airport is only 20 minutes drive from, with excellent flight connections to Europe (Jet2.com, Ryanair, SAS, British Airways).
- The beautiful mediaeval city of York is also only 30 minutes train ride away.
- Whitby, Filey and Robin Hood's bay are an hour drive away and a perfect day trip to the Yorkshire coast.
- London and Edinburgh are about 3 hours away by train.
We would do our very best to ensure you enjoyed your stay in England, and we would of course take every care with your home and possessions.
We are completely open minded about destinations. We would enjoy going on long weekends breaks throughout the year.
Chers amis intervac,
Nous sommes une famille franco britannique. Nous avons beaucoup voyagé et vécu a l'étranger pendant les 6 dernières années et nos enfants sont bilingues et apprécient la rencontre avec d'autres cultures.
Notre maison date des années 30, très typiquement British (avec moquette - neuve!) mais complètement indépendante (120m2) avec un jardin fermé. Il y a 3 chambres, 1 salle de bain familiale moderne, 1 salon cote rue, et cote jardin une cuisine moderne et salon/salle a manger. Dans le jardin il y a une terrace ensoleillee ainsi qu'un BBQ et un trampoline gent pour grands et petits!
Nous vivons a Harrogate, une ravissante ville thermale dans le Yorkshire, dans le nord de l'Angleterre. Il y a beaucoup de pubs charmants, ainsi que de belles boutiques. Aux portes de la ville se trouvent les Yorkshire Dales, idéales pour ceux qui aiment les balades de tous niveaux ainsi que la nature. Il y a beaucoup de parcs et de jardins publics pour les familles. Le Tour de France est passé par Harrogate le 5/6 juillet 2014 et nous étions très heureux de cet évenement!
- Aéroport de Leeds Bradford: 20 mins (Jet2, Ryanair, SAS, British Airways)
- Ville médiévale de York: 30 mins en train/voiture
- Edimbourg et Londres: 3 h en train.
Nous sommes ouverts a toutes destinations en Europe ou dans le monde.
Nous prendrions soin de votre maison, et nous ferions en sorte que vous passiez un bon séjour chez nous.
- 2 Adults
- 3 Children
- 4 Exchanges made
- French Teacher
- House Type: House
- Environment: In the city
- Bedrooms: 3
- Bathrooms: 1
- Sleeping Capacity: 6
In my house
- Pets - Allowed
- Small children - Allowed
- Long-term exchange wanted
- Non-simultaneous exchange
- Home exchange
- Renting possible
- Free internet access
- Computer available
- Central heating
- Baby equipment
- Washing machine
- Clothes dryer
- Park / playground
- Bicycles: 2
- No smoking
- Use/Exchange of car
Our Destination Wish List
- Open for all offers
- United Kingdom
- French Teacher
- Boy - Age: 15
- Girl - Age: 17
- Girl - Age: 9
- Wellington, our Cavalier King Charles dog
We love walking in the countryside nearby, and especially when there is a pub to have a nice lunch at the end of our walk. We enjoy discovering new cities and towns, and we always try to find places to suit children but also something for grown ups during our holidays. We love the sea, swimming and when given the chance, skiing.
The children have playmobils, lego and many arts and crafts supplies, as well as French and english story books. There are bikes and scooters to suit ages 1- 12 and then 2 adults town bikes with possibility to add baby seats. There is an Xbox 1 with a few games in the lounge.
We are generally pretty easy going, and we tend to meet people from all walks of way during our holidays. We speak both French and English at home, and both mummy and daddy are trying to learn German and Spanish to improve our conversation skills when abroad!