|August 07, 2021 - August 28, 2021||2 weeks|
2-3 week exchange in summer 2021 - we are open to all destinations in Europe!
Nice family home in a historic neighborhood of Dresden
We live in Dresden, in the historic neighborhood of Hellerau. Hellerau is a Garden City, dating back to 1910 and currently applying for UNESCO cultural heritage status.
It is a quite residential area with small houses, gardens, nice neighbors, small shops, restaurants and a public transport stop to the city center (20 min via tram).
We are a family of 4, with our children Theo (10) and Helene (7). We like to be outdoors and travel. This is our first time, trying to exchange our house and we are very excited.
In our three-store house with an enclosed back garden on the southside you will find on the ...
- an open-plan living room with fireplace and kitchen
- access to the garden
- bathroom with wc/shower
- two children bedrooms with plenty toys
- each room has a bunk bed, one room has a small extra bed (1,60 m long)
- 1 bathroom with wc
- a master bedroom in an open galerie
- 1 bathroom with wc/bathtube
From the kitchen you can step out in our private garden with a terrace, barbecue facilities, a trampolin, wooden horse, a tree house. Right behind our house there is a little forest for the children to play.
THINGS YOU COULD DO; WHILE YOU ARE AT OUR HOME
in our neighborhood
- senic walks through the garden city
- go visit and see a show at the Hellerau Festspielhaus --> modern dance art
- farmers market on fridays
- have a meal at the excellent restaurant Schmidt's or Fissel's
in the city of Dresden
- all places in Dresden and the area can easily reached by public transport - the tram stop is only 5 min away from our home.
- Dresden has plenty sights (Frauenkirche, Zwinger, Semperoper) and museums (Albertinum, Hygienemuseum)...
- beside that it has a various number of distinct neighborhoods, like Neustadt, Striesen, etc. with small shops, coffee places
- you can ride your bike along the river Elbe (seperate bike path) even all the way to Prague or to the beautiful city of Meissen
- visit beautiful gardens and parks like the banks of the river Elbe (have a ferry ride), Großer Garten, Heide ....
- and of course you can always go shopping ;-)
for anybody who like to be active
- there is the Saxon Switzerland National Park, great sand stone mountains along the river ELbe. You can go hiking, rock climbing, stay overnight in huts or right in the mountains - open air.
( 1hrs by car or train) https://www.saechsische-schweiz.de/en/themes.html
- Swimming, sailing or canoeing you do at the Lausitzer Seenlandschaft (about 30 lake), former open-cast mining convert to for touristic use. ( 1hrs by car)
If you don't mind travelling further go to
- Berlin (2 hrs by car/ 2 hrs 45 hrs by train)
- Prague (1 hr 45 min by car/ 2 hrs 30 min by train)
- Leipzig (1 hr 30 min by car/ 1 hrs 15 min by train)
- Baltic sea (4 hr 15 min by car)
For families with children
- Zoo in Dresden or Leipzig (great but 1,5, hrs by car)
- Wildgehege in Moritzburg
- ride your bike to the nearby lakes of Moritzburg, stop at a farm for fresh milk (maybe you see newborn cows)
- museum of Transport, Deutsches Hygiene-Museum, Museum of Technology/Industry --> all have extra exibitions for the kids
- go to the Saxon Switzerland National Park
- outdoor climbing park
- you can ride the Parkeisenbahn ... all small red train that rides through a big garden
- plenty of playgrounds ... one of them is in our neighborhood
- go to the pool (indoors: Wellenspiel in Meissen, Tropical Island, outdoors Bilzbad or Massoneibad)
- go and play in the nearby creek Priesnitz
- have some icecream (Softeis!)
- we have indoor playgrounds, super fly, rock climbing hall, a skater park (downtown), movie theater
- 2 Adults
- 2 Children
- 2 Exchanges made
- IT Analyst
- software developer
- House Type: House
- Environment: In the suburbs
- Bedrooms: 3
- Bathrooms: 2
- Sleeping Capacity: 5
- Living Area: 100 m2
In my house
- Pets - Not allowed
- Small children - Allowed
- Non-simultaneous exchange
- Home exchange
- Free internet access
- Hot tub or jacuzzi
- Central heating
- Toys and games
- Washing machine
- Clothes dryer
- Terrace or deck
- Park / playground
- No smoking
- Pet care wanted
Our Destination Wish List
- United Kingdom
Nearest Airport: Dresden - 2 km
- Bakery, Grocery, Butcher (0.0 km)
- IT Analyst
- software developer
- Girl - Age: 8
- Boy - Age: 11
- We do not have pets.