|March 23, 2024 - April 06, 2024||1 weeks|
Looking for an exchange for 1 week during Easter 2024.
|June 07, 2024 - August 20, 2024||3 weeks|
Summer 2024: Hoping to travel to USA, preferably somewhere in Florida. Canada also of interest. Open to all offers.
A Beautiful Home in Ballina on The Wild Atlantic Way
A 5 bed home within walking distance to the historic town of Ballina. Ballina is renowned for the River Moy, known as one of the world's leading Salmon rivers. We are ideally located for those who wish to explore some of the West of Ireland's many treasures. Many undiscovered beaches, surfer's havens, quaint villages and unrivaled dining awaits you.
Our house is located in a quiet residential area within walking distance of Ballina town center where all amenities are a 5 minute walk away.
On the ground floor of our home there are three bedrooms, two bathrooms, kitchen, a living room with a stove and a play room with kids toys/Xbox etc We have several streaming apps: Disney +, Amazon Prime, Fully Loaded Firestick. One the first floor, there are a further two bedrooms and another bathroom.
To the front of our home there is a large garden with seating to the side of the front door. To the rear of the property there is a large garden with patio, swing set and trampoline. There is ample seating on the patio and it's the ideal place to sit and relax on Summer's evenings with the fire pit lit and the BBQ blazing.
- 2 Adults
- 3 Children
- 0 Exchanges made
- Social Worker
- House Type: House
- Environment: In a small town
- Bedrooms: 5
- Bathrooms: 3
- Sleeping Capacity: 9
- Living Area: 250 m2
In my house
- Pets - Allowed
- Small children - Allowed
- Bed & Breakfast
- Hospitality wanted
- Long-term exchange wanted
- Non-simultaneous exchange
- Home exchange
- Hospitality offered
- Youth / Teen exchange
- Renting possible
- Free internet access
- Computer available
- Central heating
- Baby equipment
- Toys and games
- Washing machine
- Clothes dryer
- Other musical instruments
- Terrace or deck
- Park / playground
- Bicycles: 4
- No smoking
- Use/Exchange of car
Our Destination Wish List
- Open for all offers
- 35340 Lanzarote, Las Palmas, Spain
- United Kingdom
- Florida, USA
Nearest Airport: Ireland West International Airport, Knock - 32km
Ballina town lies at the mouth of the River Moy, near Killala Bay, with the Ox Mountains to the east and the Nephin Beg mountains to the west. The Moy is one of the most prolific salmon rivers in Europe, thereby earning Ballina the title ‘Salmon Capital of Ireland’.
Top 10 Things to Do in Ballina
1. Visit the incredible Jackie Clarke Collection – the single most important private collection of Irish history material in public hands, with 100,000 items dating back 400 years
2. Learn about birds of prey & enjoy Hawk Walks – a truly unique experience in the woods where you can fi nd out about the secrets of these amazing birds, their hunting habits and their place within the ecosystem.
3. Ballina Arts Centre is dramatically situated on the weir of the River Moy and it is a wonderful location in which to enjoy exhibitions, theatre shows, concerts and films!
4. Discover the colourful history of Belleek Castle – there is a myriad of fascinating stories, especially in relation to the Marshall Doran Collection in the museum – the last owner of the castle.
5. The Connacht Distillery provides an intimate experience of their craft whiskey -from grain to glass, and you can also learn about their other unique drinks, including gin and poitín!
6.Enjoy the tranquility and peace of the meandering trails & pathways along the river and through the woodlands at Belleek – by foot or by bike – and don’t forget to check out the mysterious derelict concrete ship, the SS Crete Boom!
7. One of the most scenic parkland courses in the west of Ireland is Ballina Golf Club. The challenging 18 hole course has lush fairways and manicured greens, with the beautiful & majestic Ox Mountains in the background.
8. Food Fantastic: from traditional cuisines to ethnic restaurants, from cosy cafés to buzzing bistros, from fish’n’chips to fi ne dining, Ballina has it all!
9. Ballina is ideal for the energetic & daring visitor – with SUP (Stand Up Padding), archery, cycling, hiking and kayaking, there is an outdoor adventure for all ages & abilities!
10. Do you enjoy water sports? Why not enjoy some kayaking or SUP on the River Moy or go on a boat trip to the tranquil and uninhabited Bartra Island.
- Social Worker
- Boy - Age: 13
- Girl - Age: 9
- Boy - Age: 3
About Our Family
We are a family of 5. Michael is a Secondary School teacher of English and Computer Science. Joanna is a Social Worker specializing in Fostering. We have three children. Noah (12), India Rose (8) and Elijah (3).
This member has completed 0 home exchanges. Those referenced below may contain feedback/impression from its exchange partners: