The member has not specified any exchange dates
House in Mosfellsbær, Iceland
We are a family of five; Guðmundur, mechanic, 44 years old. Wife Berglind, BS in business, 44 years old. Two boys 10 and 13 years and a girl 6 years old.
We live in Mosfellsbær, which is small town in Reykjavík area and is only about 25 minutes drive to central Reykjavík. On the other hand there is only about 30 minutes drive to national park Þingvellir and only 5 minutes drive to the most popular hiking route in Iceland, mountain Esja. We live in a new house in a new neighbourhood in the edge of Mosfellsbær so car is necessary and we are willing to have a car exchange as well.. We have a Ford Fiesta 5 doors, childrens seat avalable.
* Interesting things in Reykjavik
- City swimming pools are world famous. With its hot tubs and are about 15 in the Reykjavik city, thereof 2 in Mosfellsbæ. One of the especially nice with several different water slides.
- Whale watching
* Interesting things in Iceland
- The distance to Iceland is only coverable with an airplane - its an island in the north Atlantic ocean. Summers are quite mild (10 to 18°C) and winters mild (-5 to 5°c). Summers are very lovely and green. There are lot of activity in the summer i.e. festivals and concerts. The nature is astonishing and some of the rural areas are very unspoiled.
Largest cities (towns) outside Reykjavik metropolitan are Akureyri (5 hours drive, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akureyri), Hveragerdi and Selfoss (1 hour drive, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Selfoss_(town)), also Borgarnes, Hofn, Egilsstadir, Husavik, Isafjordur.
Also interesting and all A MUST SEE:
- Thingvellir, ( 1 hour drive, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thingvellir),
- Blue lagoon, (1 hour, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Lagoon_(geothermal_spa),
- Gullfoss and Geysir, (2,5 hours).
- Gullfoss waterfalls, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gullfoss and
- Geysir, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geysir
- Barnafossar and Hraunfossar waterfalls (2 hours)
- Barnafossar, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barnafossar
- Hraunfossar, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hraunfossar
...and green nature, ice, lava, whales (the animal, not the country), wild lanscape, northern lights (hard to sea during the summer)
Be inspired by Iceland - more here: http://www.inspiredbyiceland.com/
- 2 Adults
- 3 Children
- 2 Exchanges made
- House Type: House
- Floor: 2
- Environment: In the suburbs
- Bedrooms: 5
- Bathrooms: 1
- Sleeping Capacity: 7
In my house
- Pets - Not allowed
- Small children - Allowed
- Home exchange
- Free internet access
- Baby equipment
- Washing machine
- Clothes dryer
- Park / playground
- No smoking
- Suitable for disabled people
- Car necessary
- Use/Exchange of car
Our Destination Wish List
- Open for all offers
- French Southern Territories
- Florida, USA
- Boy - Age: 17
- Boy - Age: 14
- Girl - Age: 10
- We do not have pets.