Facts About Intervac
We Are the Original Home Exchangers
What a way to travel! Intervac isn't just a company - but a way of life that our founders discovered and pioneered. Since 1953 we have been leading the way facilitating home exchange between families, singles and retired people. Within the organization our national representatives work together and beyond country borders to make sure that you find the perfect exchange partner and that your holidays are stress-free and fun. Watch the videoto get a quick glimpse of what Intervac can offer.
Culturally-Enriching, Environmentally Friendly and Economical.
INTERVAC was started in Europe in the early 1950's by a group of teachers with plenty of vacation time looking for economic means to travel internationally. After a few exchanges, they realized that living in each other's homes was great for cultivating international friendships. Our concept has been growing ever since - primarily by referrals from satisfied home exchangers. Currently INTERVAC offers its services around the world and facilitates home exchanges for 30,000 families from all walks of life.
The name INTERVAC is made from words
We keep a low profile, taking care of our 30,000 members. Our growth is fueled by referrals from satisfied members. We have agents in 45 countries, we speak your language and live in your culture. We are here to guide and advise you how to get the most out of your home exchange experiences. If you have questions, we'd love to hear from you.
About our Members
Our members like to travel and experience life in other countries. They are passionate about expanding their horizons. They have a wide range of backgrounds and include those who travel alone, couples, families with young children and retirees. They like to make new friends while they are busy seeing the world and enjoying the benefits of home exchange,
What is possible with Intervac's Home Exchange Services?
- Home Exchange: Our main focus - two families agree to live in each other's homes over a specified period of time.
- Bed and Breakfast: This is the same as the well known public variety, but is offered between members, without the exchange of monies.
- Rentals: Members sometimes list holiday homes which they usually rent out for a drastically reduced price to members.
- Youth Exchange: A chance for young people to learn about new cultures without their own parents hanging around all the time.
- Non-simultaneous exchange: You go to your partner's home and they come to yours - but not at the same time.
- Hospitality Exchange: Members agree to exchange visits in each other’s homes.