The member has not specified any exchange dates
Home with Extraordinary Lake and Mountain View -- Seattle, Washington, USA
This beautiful home is located just north of the Seattle City boundary and 20 minutes from Seattle City Center. Settle yourself onto our generous deck overlooking Lake Washington and the Cascade Mountains.
The house is 280 square meters and features 3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, gourmet kitchen, large dining and living room, large TV/Activity room, 2 0ffices, air conditioning and was completely remodeled in 2009. It is central to all the region's major sights and activities.
There are many wonderful regional attractions:
- Burke Gilman Trail - biking and walking (2 minutes) http://www.seattle.gov/PARKS/BurkeGilman/bgtrail.htm
- Matthew's Beach (5 minutes) http://www.seattle.gov/parks/park_detail.asp?ID=347
- Seattle Center (20 minutes) http://www.seattlecenter.com/
- Pike Place Market (20 minutes) http://www.pikeplacemarket.org/
- Hiram Chittenden Locks (20 minutes) http://www.nws.usace.army.mil/Missions/CivilWorks/LocksandDams/ChittendenLocks.aspx
- Boeing Museum of Flight (25 minutes) http://www.museumofflight.org/
- Mount Rainer National Park (2 hours) http://www.nps.gov/mora/index.htm
- North Cascades National Park (2 hours) http://www.nps.gov/noca/index.htm
- Olympic National Park (2.5 hours) http://www.nps.gov/olym/index.htm
- Mount St. Helens which erupted in 1980 (3 hours) http://www.fs.usda.gov/mountsthelens
We enjoyed our 7 previous house exchanges through INTERVAC.
- 2 Adults
- 2 Children
- 10 Exchanges made
- House Type: House
- Environment: In the suburbs
- Bedrooms: 3
- Bathrooms: 3
- Sleeping Capacity: 6
In my house
- Pets - Not allowed
- Small children - Allowed
- Home exchange
- Free internet access
- Computer available
- Air conditioning
- Central heating
- Washing machine
- Clothes dryer
- Terrace or deck
- Bicycles: 2
- No smoking
- Use/Exchange of car
Our Destination Wish List
- Open for all offers
- England, UK
- United States
Nearest Airport: Seattle Tacoma International - 20 miles
Lake Forest Park is a suburb immediately north of Seattle. Our home is on a quiet friendly cul-du-sac and is minutes away from shops: grocery, bakery, fuel, bookstore, restaurants, Starbucks, banks, library. The Burke-Gilman Trail (20 miles of cycling/walking trails) is two blocks from our home.
- Girl - Age: 37
- Girl - Age: 34
- We do not have pets.
About Our Family
We have been married 42 years and have two married daughters who live in Seattle. We love to travel and occasionally our daughters and their husbands join us.
We have enjoyed our 7 previous exchanges in England, Ireland, France, Wales, Amsterdam and Copenhagen.
Among the 10 exchange partners below, some gave their feedback on their Intervac experience with this member: