|January 01, 2021 - December 31, 2021||3 days|
Long weekends in driving distance (e.g. Sweden, Germany, Denmark) year round
|July 24, 2021 - August 15, 2021||2 weeks|
2-3 week exchange in summer 2021 - we are open to all destinations!
Lovely family home near the beach north of Copenhagen, Denmark
Welcome to our home! A modern wooden house with high ceilings. Only a few minutes walk from a lovely, child-friendly beach.
We live in the small town of Snekkersten, 4 km south of the old town of Helsingør (46.000 people). Copenhagen can be reached in just 35 minutes by train or car.
The house is a true family home with 4 bedrooms and a large living room in open connection with the kitchen. 2 bathrooms (one with a bathtub) and one laundry room.
- main bedroom with a double bed (180 x 200 cm).
- guest room with a daybed (90 x 200), that folds out to a double bed (180 x 200 cm)
- children's room with a high bed (90 x 200 cm). Extra sleeping capacity on the floor under the bed.
- children's room with a baby bed (75 x 115 cm). The bed pulls out to a junior bed (75 x 155 cm).
We can arrange extra mattresses if necessary.
In the backyard there is a terrace, sandpit, trampoline and football goals. Gas barbeque available.
The house is perfect for children - we have everything you need for children, e.g. two high chairs and lots of toys!
Notice we do not have a TV, but we have wifi, toys and games.
The train station is a 10 minute walk from the house, and there is a direct connection to Nørreport Station, Copenhagen (35 minutes), Copenhagen Central station (40 minutes) and Copenhagen Airport (1 hr) and further on to Sweden. Train to Helsingør (4 minutes), and to Hillerød (25 minutes).
From Helsingør you can take the ferry to Helsingborg, Sweden (20 minutes). So if you would like to explore Sweden as well, it is very easy to do from our house.
* Helsingør (Elsingore). Full of charming, old half-timbered houses and cobbled-stone streets. 10 min' drive or 4 min' train ride.
* Kronborg Castle, Helsingør - the home of Shakespear's Hamlet.
* Maritime Museum of Denmark build in the old dock in Helsingør.
* Louisiana Museum of Modern Art (5 km). A very good art museum with a beautiful garden with sculptures.
* Frederiksborg Castle, Hillerød. Beautiful renaissance castle.
* Copenhagen, the capitol of Denmark, is packed with great restaurants (15 Michelin-starred), shops, cafes, museums. Some of the major attractions are the amusement park Tivoli, Nyhavn, Rundetaarn, Rosenborg Castle, many world class museums (e.g. Glyptoteket, National Gallery of Denmark), Copenhagen Zoo, The Blue Planet Aquarium.
* Kullaberg Nature Reserve, Sweden. Lovely place for golfing, hiking, diving, and rock climbing. 75 minutes drive (including 20 minute ferry ride) from our house.
We can offer 3 bicycles, one of them electric, all with child seats, and a bicycle trailer that fits 2 children.
If you like water sports, you will enjoy our stand up paddle board. Just walk down to the beach, inflate the board, and paddle down the coast. :)
We would prefer to go somewhere within approx. 12 hours drive, or if we could fly and do a car exchange.
Our car is a VW Golf stationcar from 2016 with stick shift, and we have two car seats for children.
Do not hesitate to contact us!
- 2 Adults
- 2 Children
- 1 Exchanges made
- Medical doctor
- Medical doctor
- House Type: Single storey home
- Environment: In the suburbs
- Bedrooms: 4
- Bathrooms: 2
- Sleeping Capacity: 5
- Living Area: 148 m2
In my house
- Pets - Not allowed
- Small children - Allowed
- Home exchange
- Free internet access
- Central heating
- Baby equipment
- Toys and games
- Washing machine
- Clothes dryer
- Terrace or deck
- Bicycles: 3
- No smoking
- Use/Exchange of car
Our Destination Wish List
- Open for all offers
- Scotland, UK
- England, UK
Nearest Airport: Copenhagen - 50 km
- Snekkersten Beach (0.4 km)
- Øresund (0.5 km)
- Forest (Egebæksvang Forest) (0.3 km)
- Supermarket (Føtex) (0.7 km)
Snekkersten is located in a beautiful area with beaches and woods. Originally Snekkersten was an old fishing village, but now it is more like a suburb to Helsingør (Elsinore), that is a charming city with a population of 46.000 people.
Our house is on a quiet street, just 150 m from a school with a playground.
There is a very good and charming restaurant in Snekkersten, just a 5 minute walk from the house. The menu is a mix of the French and Nordic kitchen.
At Snekkersten Marina there is a little cafe (only open in the summer). The beach is a nice sandy beach, and there is a little ice cream parlour (only open in the summer).
You will find 2 supermarkets and a small grocery store within a 3-minute drive.
- Medical doctor
- Medical doctor
- Boy - Age: 3
- Girl - Age: 5
- We do not have pets.
This member has completed 1 successful exchanges. Here are some members that he exchanged with in the past: